MR6550 full firmware ported over to mr6500- anyone want to beta test it ???

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
syahrulxy91
Been thanked: 0

Re: MR6550 full firmware ported over to mr6500- anyone want to beta test it ???

Post by syahrulxy91 »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:01 am read my post a few posts above this one dated july 11th it states I do not have a 6550 or 6xx0 now to continue this project,
The ones I had had to be returned to the rightful owners.
thus it is on hold until such a time when I can have these 2 devices in hand again.

This is all I do these days (besides work on the farm here) good progress has been made on this device class and it is close to being finished.

I do not answer every post because it is so redundant in these threads, if the posters would read thru the thread the answers to their questions are right above them most of the time, it just clutters up the forum to have threads with the same questions & answers over and over again and at some point creates alot of work for someone to have to come back and clean the threads up and delete repetitive post as well as makes reading thru them a days long process, if we can try to keep the threads clean by only posting things that are useful the threads will be much more easy to navigate and find things.
:)
will mr6500 would work for you to continue the project? if so i can send you mine since im not using it right now...
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Yes it would work fine however you must know it may get messed up beyond repair so if you cannot afford for this to happen to it then hang on to it.
Maplewood
Has thanked: 0

Post by Maplewood »

Do you still need an MR6500 to continue testing? If yes, I could probably send you mine in a few weeks.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Yes I do still need one
DJM19

Post by DJM19 »

Hey @Rich Hathaway , I believe I sent you an email if you are the same Rich that someone referred me to on Reddit. Got a 6110 that I'm not sure all the bands are working on after hacking, I'd be more than willing to pay for your time if you can help me.
Maplewood

Post by Maplewood »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:41 am Yes I do still need one
I have a 6150 arriving in a couple of days. I can send you my 6500 to play with once I get the 6150 setup. I'm willing to risk it getting bricked if you can figure out how to port the modem firmware from the 6550 and open all the bands.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Maplewood wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:13 am
Rich Hathaway wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:41 am Yes I do still need one
I have a 6150 arriving in a couple of days. I can send you my 6500 to play with once I get the 6150 setup. I'm willing to risk it getting bricked if you can figure out how to port the modem firmware from the 6550 and open all the bands.
Ok sounds good
DJM19 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:13 pm Hey @Rich Hathaway , I believe I sent you an email if you are the same Rich that someone referred me to on Reddit. Got a 6110 that I'm not sure all the bands are working on after hacking, I'd be more than willing to pay for your time if you can help me.
What bands are you trying to get working?
DJM19

Post by DJM19 »

I’m not real sure to be honest. I flashed the M6550 firmware from this blog post - viewtopic.php?p=29138#p29138 onto the 6110 because mine didn’t support OpenMEP and was told it may have disabled some of the 5G bands from a guy who was helping guide me. He had told me about what I suppose is this beta firmware that I’m reading about and that I should talk to you.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

There is no need anymore to take a chance and reload firmware to your devices that are locked out of
openmep, this can now be fixed without the need to reload them, all MRxxxx devices supported m1. m5, m6

Does your device still work and get service?
DJM19

Post by DJM19 »

Oh ok. I had no idea. Yes, device works and has service, from what I see it’s been staying on B66 all the time. I unfortunately don’t know if that’s by nature of living in a rural area with poor 5G coverage or if software causing the problem.
Maplewood

Post by Maplewood »

DJM19 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:14 am Oh ok. I had no idea. Yes, device works and has service, from what I see it’s been staying on B66 all the time. I unfortunately don’t know if that’s by nature of living in a rural area with poor 5G coverage or if software causing the problem.
I live in an area with great T-Mobile coverage. My Inseego FX2000 router for my T-Mobile Business Internet connects on B66 and N41. My MR6500 only connects to B66 since it has the AT&T modem firmware that does not have any of the T-Mobile 5G bands enabled. So my MR6500 gives me much slower speeds than my Inseego FX2000.
moddermod

Post by moddermod »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:01 am read my post a few posts above this one dated july 11th it states I do not have a 6550 or 6xx0 now to continue this project,
The ones I had had to be returned to the rightful owners.
thus it is on hold until such a time when I can have these 2 devices in hand again.

This is all I do these days (besides work on the farm here) good progress has been made on this device class and it is close to being finished.

I do not answer every post because it is so redundant in these threads, if the posters would read thru the thread the answers to their questions are right above them most of the time, it just clutters up the forum to have threads with the same questions & answers over and over again and at some point creates alot of work for someone to have to come back and clean the threads up and delete repetitive post as well as makes reading thru them a days long process, if we can try to keep the threads clean by only posting things that are useful the threads will be much more easy to navigate and find things.
:)
Sorry just getting to this.

Still don't understand why the tools cannot be posted, nor firmware. At least more technical people can help if you can do that. It doesn't drive the community forward if only one person is not leaving nuggets to help everyone. Not to make a spectacle but you kind of hold all the cards. I haven't made much progress and I have asked for your guidance in the e-mails at least to point me in the right direction, and hiding behind etiquette and semantics don't help either. I'll just do my own work on the device and share my findings with the community. Thanks. I have another MR6500 coming in. Much appreciated. :)
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

@moddermod
You are calling me out in public for not opening up my hard drive to you for anything you want from it?
Not cool at all.
let me explain something to you, I do this for a living, while your at work or sleeping or out with your friends or whatever it is you do, I am working every day, every night, doing the research and development, device testing etc.
answer me this how can I put food on the table and keep the lights on if I give everything I have to you ?

This is my business, I have been in it since cellulars conception some 35 years, I am the programmer for the 3 largest M2M companies and I did not spend my life working and accumulating knowledge and making tools and such to just give it away. To suggest I need to give everything away is just dumb. So please stop with the calling me out its a real dick move.
I spend a huge chunk of my time helping people for free everyday, it is aggravating I have to come on here and defend myself from you because I try to make a living in this field. do your own work and think about what you post BEFORE you post it.
ZzzzShinzzzZ

Post by ZzzzShinzzzZ »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:29 am @moddermod
You are calling me out in public for not opening up my hard drive to you for anything you want from it?
Not cool at all.
let me explain something to you, I do this for a living, while your at work or sleeping or out with your friends or whatever it is you do, I am working every day, every night, doing the research and development, device testing etc.
answer me this how can I put food on the table and keep the lights on if I give everything I have to you ?

This is my business, I have been in it since cellulars conception some 35 years, I am the programmer for the 3 largest M2M companies and I did not spend my life working and accumulating knowledge and making tools and such to just give it away. To suggest I need to give everything away is just dumb. So please stop with the calling me out its a real dick move.
I spend a huge chunk of my time helping people for free everyday, it is aggravating I have to come on here and defend myself from you because I try to make a living in this field. do your own work and think about what you post BEFORE you post it.
We really appreciated your advices and contributions to this community, Rich.
w1lliam

Post by w1lliam »

Not cool at all.

I would second to Rich's comments, I am giving mrCONFIG as freetool just because I have full time job for my living, it does not mean that everyone should give away what they developed for free. Collaboration is for sure to expedite the whole development, but it should not impact someone else' that doing this for living. Same reason for me to not to open my tool as free to anyone, you need to register for it. It is because I am not intend to impact to anyone who is doing similar thinags for living, it is free just because I am not doing this for living, that does not mean everything developed, at his/her own efforts, should be free and opened. It really depends individual's condition and reason, this should get some respects.
moddermod

Post by moddermod »

Not cool at all.

I am not taking away from the good that you do. Nor was there a need for a wierd flex. But I was merely suggesting that maybe if you wasn't going to post, that you could point me in the right direction. I didn't come here to put you on blast, but it seems that you have already done so. I was not asking for files on your hard drive but it seems that you have missed the point of what I said in it's entirety. Good luck on whatever it is you do sir. Thanks again.
RadioActive

Post by RadioActive »

Hi I’m new to the forum…

I just purchased an eBay att unlocked m6 pro…

My plan is to use T-mobile…

The area that I plan to use the device has great mmWave (T-Mobile UC) signal/coverage.

I’m not sure which specific mmWave bands are being used, id like to have access to all of them if possible…

n41, n258, n260, n261…

And the n71 band as well…

Is there a firmware/mod that I can perform on my device that would allow me to enable those bands?

Any and all assistance would be much appreciated…

Thank you,
yamajason

Post by yamajason »

new here cannot DM, DM me about where I can send a mr6500 to mod for tmobile bands
kcmjr

Post by kcmjr »

New to forum, read entire thread, multiple threads actually. The one thing I missed is how one goes about getting the current rev of the firmware? I just got an unlocked MR6500 to replace my old AT&T IFWA-40 (reliable, but junk) that gave up the ghost. I'm now feeling the same pain as everyone else who bought one of these MR6500 units. I don't care about new bands, I just want STABLE firmware that actually works so my home Internet becomes reliable again. I have an older Cradlepoint I may try to get working if I can't get this MR6500 stable soon. Any help is appreciated.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

What you need to do depends on what carrier you are going to use

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”