Archer C7 R00ter can’t find CBA850

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
catchsm0k3
Been thanked: 0

Archer C7 R00ter can’t find CBA850

Post by catchsm0k3 »

Hey everyone

After some advice and progress, I feel like I’m close to getting the setup working.

As of right now my equipment is:

Archer C7 (v5 based on bottom of router) - Flashed with the latest supported version of r00ter.

A CBA850 with a t-mobile unlimited prepaid SIM card.

I can confirm that the CBA is working because when connected directly to my PC the internet works. It just gets throttled because of TTL issues.

As for the C7 the admin page does load up and I was able to configure it based on the recommended tutorials.

When the CBA is in either LAN 1 or 2 and connected to the WAN of the Archer both admin pages come up. I can access and log in to both pages but

The internet does not work.

—-

I suspect the issue is because

On the routers (C7) Modem > Network Status it shows that it could not locate the modem.

I believe that’s causing the internet not to work...

I tried to resolve it by following some of the steps online... I removed the CBA from its container and reset up all the pig tails but no luck.

I flashed the router multiple times without syncing settings. I even reset the CBA850...

Can anyone help me get this missing piece to work?

At this point I would be willing to pay whoever can take the time to walk me and my partner through it. Thank you!

Attaching logs just in case...
catchsm0k3

Re: Archer C7 R00ter can’t find CBA850

Post by catchsm0k3 »

Pictures of the issue and the system logs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
catchsm0k3

Post by catchsm0k3 »

For those coming in the future!

I was able to resolve the issue by removing the USB modem out of the CBA850 and plugging the USB directly in the archer a7 and it was picked up and is working :D
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I would bet that if you tagged the WAN port of the Archer as untagged in VLAN 1 and off in VLAN 2 it would work.
catchsm0k3

Post by catchsm0k3 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 pm I would bet that if you tagged the WAN port of the Archer as untagged in VLAN 1 and off in VLAN 2 it would work.
How would I be able to do that?
Viper67857

Post by Viper67857 »

It's in the firewall settings... Probably also would have worked had you left stock firmware on the Archer instead of goldenorb. I wouldn't worry about it since you have it working, though.

Basically, since the 850 is a router in itself, you didn't need goldenorb to do the modem stuff, and it won't see a modem inside another router. Now with the modem directly connected to the goldenorb router's USB port, you have better control over it and all is well, so I'd leave it be.

Return to “General and Unclassified”