WE826Q WiFi stops working.

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
XxViper06xX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826Q WiFi stops working.

Post by XxViper06xX »

So I've been using this setup for a couple years now and it's been great. I haven't done any updates because I just don't know enough about all this and don't want to lose the unlimited connection if I screw something up.

My issue that brings me here today is that over the last few months the WiFi signal from the router keeps dropping. SSID is no longer visible to connect to. A power cycle fixes this but after a day or so it will happen again. It's just annoying to have to go and power cycle the device to get WiFi back up.

Is this a known issue and if so what is the fix? Any insight to getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Didneywhorl

Re: WE826Q WiFi stops working.

Post by Didneywhorl »

A simple firmware update reflash, without saving settings. MAybe flash 3x in a row, will generally fix most odd issues that pop up on these type routers with flash memory.
BillA

Re: WE826Q WiFi stops working.

Post by BillA »

XxViper06xX wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:26 am So I've been using this setup for a couple years now and it's been great. I haven't done any updates because I just don't know enough about all this and don't want to lose the unlimited connection if I screw something up.

My issue that brings me here today is that over the last few months the WiFi signal from the router keeps dropping. SSID is no longer visible to connect to. A power cycle fixes this but after a day or so it will happen again. It's just annoying to have to go and power cycle the device to get WiFi back up.

Is this a known issue and if so what is the fix? Any insight to getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

If it's still failing after flashing, it may be a failing hardware.

Return to “General and Unclassified”