MOFI 4500 SIM 7 V3 Router drops occassionally

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
BlackBart
Been thanked: 0

MOFI 4500 SIM 7 V3 Router drops occassionally

Post by BlackBart »

I have been getting a pretty stable connection on my MOFI Router setup using SPeedify VPN to bond my MIFI 8800L, IPAD and occassionally my Cellphone modem.
The MOFI typically gets 17~30 mbps. But occasionally, it drops. Check Signal Strength command shows No Registration on Network and the Internet LED on the modem is dark. And then it will come back. Network Registration changes back to YES and the Router Internet LED gose back on. Right now at 10:54 PM PST it has become a pattern.
Has anybody seen this before?
Is there anyway to interrgate the router/modem to see what the problem is?
toddw

Re: MOFI 4500 SIM 7 V3 Router drops occassionally

Post by toddw »

Yes, I have seen it 3x SIM7 V3 routers now.

What carrier are you using. Distance and terrain from tower. For the three that I seen it on, it was due to leaves coming off the trees and opening the signal path for 2 other towers not available before hitting the back of the Yagis we had installed - very annoying.

For one of the three, tower lock fixed it via advanced tab.

• Go to MOFI Internal Modem
• Now click on the button “Check Signal Strength"
• Note the values for your Channel and Physical Cell (see the image below for reference)
• Go to MOFI Internal Modem again
• Click on Advanced tab (beside General Settings)
• Enter your values for your Channel and your Physical Cell ID in the respective field (for example, we would use the value 2000 for Channel and 238 for Physical Cell ID according to the image below)
• Then Save and reboot the router. Once the router is up, you should be connected to your specified tower.
kdcbppcapldlfacd[8371].png
For the second, had to realign the antenna so it locked to the preferred tower. For this one, may have to go back later and put a Bolton 26dbi paraboic grid in place, since the beam is narrower and makes tower locking easier - when it can be aligned.

For the third, I ended up putting in a ZBT-WE1326 I got from thewirelesshaven.com with a Telit CAT18 modem I had not being used. It immediately latched on to 3 bands masking the issue as it never dropped.

You could also disable "Perform HTTP check" on the Internal Modem page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toddw

Re: MOFI 4500 SIM 7 V3 Router drops occassionally

Post by toddw »

Updated with screen shot.

Return to “General and Unclassified”