Antenna recommendation for cradlepoint mbr1400 /w verizon going on a travel trailer.

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
m2bandit
Been thanked: 0

Antenna recommendation for cradlepoint mbr1400 /w verizon going on a travel trailer.

Post by m2bandit »

I bought an MBR1400 from The Wireless Haven. This is my first time using a hotspot so I really know nothing about antennas.
I'm planning on traveling across the country to all of the national parks. I'll be rural often.
I'd like something fairly simple. Maybe not the cheapest but best bang for the buck kind of cheap.
Thank you.
Didneywhorl

Re: Antenna recommendation for cradlepoint mbr1400 /w verizon going on a travel trailer.

Post by Didneywhorl »

https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... direction/

This would prob be the most plug and play option, if you want bigger and stronger, always better, than a higher dbi gain omnidirectional antenna would be the go to for you I would bet. You would just need to get an LMR low loss cable that has a SMA Male connector on one end and whatever your choice of antenna needs on the other end of the cable, then a legnth that serves your needs. Last would be some kind of way to mount it to wherever you need.

Coolest mount I've seen, and least expensive, for campers is using a length of 1" pipe with the antenna mounted on the end, then two of those broom/shovel wall hooks you can get at home improvement stores, the kind that lay down flat until you put a shovel in it, then gravity holds it in place, mounted to the outside of their camper in a vertical pair. Whenever they parked, they just pulled out the pole and antenna and dropped it right into the hooks and boom, instant antenna mounting. Pretty cool idea I thought.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”