MR2100 (M2) FIRMWARE THREAD

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
Rich Hathaway

MR2100 (M2) FIRMWARE THREAD

Post by Rich Hathaway »

The goal of this thread is to make and post loadable firmware for this device with a simple recovery/firmware-loader tool to aid in recovery and/or upgrade/downgrade of its firmware free of charge to anyone who wants it.

Someone from here sent me one of these devices but unfortunately it cannot be used for making firmware from, so I will need one of these to use as a donor for firmware.

If anyone has one or a good board from one that is willing to donate to this I will make it and post firmware and a loader tool here for it.

I will post the root filesystem for this in case anyone wants to look around or fiddle
I did make a system file for this device it is a 2 volume ubi but I have not tested it yet to know if it is working or not
so I will not post it yet.
I also have a modem firmware made up for it but it is not tested yet either so I am not posting it yet, but will as soon as I can get them tested and know they wont be messing anyones devices up.

Please feel free to add anything to this thread .
and please press the thank you button if you take files from here it means alot :)

rfs.PNG
here is the file

mr2100_rootfile_system.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hogwild

Re: MR2100 (M2) FIRMWARE THREAD

Post by Hogwild »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:13 pm
Someone from here sent me one of these devices

mr2100_rootfile_system.zip
That would be me. :)

Will it be possible for you to at least get some vague idea what is causing the unit not to finish booting?
Rich Hathaway

Re: MR2100 (M2) FIRMWARE THREAD

Post by Rich Hathaway »

On your device the boot part is not intact thus making only 9008 (emergency) mode available, there may be other problems with it but I cannot know that until it has a proper boot part loaded back to it which I do not have yet.

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”