WE826 with EP06-A card

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
sethrailing
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826 with EP06-A card

Post by sethrailing »

I have a WE826-T2 flashed with the newest wifix, the card is a Quectel LTE EP06-A. I am trying to use a Visible sim witch is activated and worked great in the Mifi hotspot other than the hotspot had horrible connection issues. I cannot get the sim to work, the error is (Provider: Failed to connect) i have the correct apn setting. Any help would be great, i live in a very rural area and this is my only source of internet and the only tower i can use is a Verizon tower. Thanks!
sethrailing

Re: WE826 with EP06-A card

Post by sethrailing »

Update- it is appearing that it's not a Sims issue but it is failing to connect to the modem
slacker

Post by slacker »

I;m using a similar setup (WG3526 / EP06-A) and am having a similar issue with a vzn prepaid sim. The modem managed to connect once out of 5-10 tries, the other times it is not connecting to the nearby tower. Interestingly, when I tried with a postpaid vzn sim (which has some hotspot data), I was able to connect, though the data used was tagged as hotspot even with commonly discussed TTL settings.

My current theory is that vzn is blocking the Quectel EP06-A IMEI when it tries to connect, at least for plans with no hotspot data, but I'm going to reset modem to factory settings, reflash GOrb firmware, and start fresh to make sure nothing is in a misconfigured state. If this doesn't work, I'm assuming its an IMEI issue and will probably use my phone for tethering. It could be that vzn doesn't have a problem with the mifi's IMEI, but does with the EP06-A's. If you figure anything out, please post it here, I'll do the same.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Believe visible uses Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) if that wasn't set.
sethrailing

Post by sethrailing »

FIXED! I previously had set the camand prompt to ipv4v6 that wasn't the issue. The port for the modem was set to USB 3 switch to USB 2 and all is working now. My only issue now is it is only using band 4 and my closest tower is band 13 but might be the cheap outside antennas I bought.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

sethrailing wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:23 pm FIXED! I previously had set the camand prompt to ipv4v6 that wasn't the issue. The port for the modem was set to USB 3 switch to USB 2 and all is working now. My only issue now is it is only using band 4 and my closest tower is band 13 but might be the cheap outside antennas I bought.
Hello,
Now that you got this up and running was wondering if you would let us know about your experience with it.
How far away is the tower from you and what are the speeds you are experiencing?

Return to “General and Unclassified”