we1326 external antenna

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
dkiaunis
Has thanked: 0

we1326 external antenna

Post by dkiaunis »

Hello,
I just realized the we1326 doesn't have anywhere to hook up an external antenna. Does anyone know of a way to add some ports to install an external antenna on this router?
Also, is there any suggestions on different routers? I really liked that this router because it has 5Ghz wifi and it was about $100, and then I installed an em7565 modem. Is there any other similar routers in this price range that have an external antenna port?
Adm1jtg

Re: we1326 external antenna

Post by Adm1jtg »

dkiaunis wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:53 pm Hello,
I just realized the we1326 doesn't have anywhere to hook up an external antenna. Does anyone know of a way to add some ports to install an external antenna on this router?
Also, is there any suggestions on different routers? I really liked that this router because it has 5Ghz wifi and it was about $100, and then I installed an em7565 modem. Is there any other similar routers in this price range that have an external antenna port?
As far as adding ports... a drill and some pigtails work. There is a pic of the mod somewhere on here though i really dont have time to search for it.

As far as something else with "built in" ports, I use the wg3526. It has 2 external sm ports or 2 holes depending on the config you get. Its footprint is a little latger and its in a metal case, so better for cooling. Its got 5ghz and gigabit ethernet ports. The problem is no one seems to have these right now. I had to order mine direct from zbt in china.

Most people just get an enclosure and use a dedicated router connected via ethernet for wifi thus having 5ghz in the lte router wont matter.

Return to “General and Unclassified”